We are looking for a talented, detail oriented, analytical individual for our Construction Lending position!
The Construction Lender will be responsible for overseeing an existing construction portfolio and assisting the Construction Lending team with loan requests, financial analysis, portfolio management, and new business generation. The Construction Lender is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, and maintaining builder relationships all in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures. Maintain a working knowledge of all Core Bank services and products and focus on business development and customer retention by assessing and satisfying customer needs.
The Construction Lender's responsibilities include:
- Manage an existing loan portfolio and develop new loans and deposits both from new clients and existing customer base.
- Identify and cross-sell a wide range of banking services by following a proactive sales and development plan.
- Obtains tax returns and financial statements from applicants. Analyze corporate and personal financial data to determine credit risk. Underwrites construction loans with the assistance of a credit department. Prepares and analyzes debt service repayment ability. Evaluates and determines credit-worthiness in accordance with Core Bank credit policies. Compiles loan proposal information and presents loans which exceed credit authority to loan committee for recommendations and approval.
- Ensure that sound analysis and lending practices are followed. Act in compliance with Core Bank’s Lending Policy at all times. A strong background in financial statement analysis is required.
- Services loans in portfolio to retain high loan quality level. Monitors customers’ financial condition, loan performance and repayment process. Takes appropriate corrective action as necessary and reports such information to supervisor. Corresponds with customers with delinquent accounts, counsels borrowers to bring accounts current and provides guidance for customers seeking solutions to financial problems.
- Promotes Core Bank brand at all times.
- Participates in community activities to increase the Bank's visibility.
- Experienced lenders are expected to manage large and complex loan customers
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment with thorough communication and support of group decisions.
- Other activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee may be assigned.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance, including overtime as needed.