To ensure continuous and efficient operation of the production facility to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost. (SSQQC) To manage, coach and develop direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in their products and expects each employee to do the same with their work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure team members understand and follow safety rules, guidelines, and practices.
- Ensure all food safety standards and guidelines are followed, including Safe Quality Food (SQF), USDA and FDA.
- Responsible for attainment of KPI’s (e.g., gallons per labor hour, cost per pound), department budget and generation of performance data.
- Strive to deliver a “Right first time” culture in terms of Quality
- Coach mentor and motivate Supervisors, team leaders & floor team to meet /exceed daily targets and goals
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Follow the company GMP’s
- Ensure clean and tidy area at all times
- Oversee supervisors in managing employees work schedules, breaks and performance management. Serves as mentor and coach for supervisors and others in meeting company and department objectives.
- Completion of KPI’s and generation of performance data
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Manage inventory under area of control
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Conduct required team meetings
- Monitor and initiate action to reduce or eliminate all waste.
- Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
- Work directly with QA and technical personnel on addressing and resolving deficiencies.
- Develop continuous improvement plans to improve Safety, Hygiene/Sanitation, Quality, Quantity and Cost
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works under general supervision. Makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Position has little to no contact with customers.
- Position is directly responsible for generating revenue within product line or territory.
- Ineffective actions could have a major impact on the organization’s public image or on the organization in terms of development, external relations, delays or attainment of organizational goals. Errors are often irreversible resulting in financial or public image losses extending over long periods.
- Oversees the work of others within area of responsibility and participates in hiring, firing, and performance management, but does not have sole supervisory responsibility.
AS A LEADER WITHIN THE KETTLE CUISINE TEAM YOU ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Model and support Kettle’s Core Values and safety culture
- Manage performance of all team members
- Build a strong, committed, and collaborative team
- Develop individual team members & their careers
- Conduct annual reviews and PDPs for all direct team members
- Create a culture of accountability & performance
- Drive a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Plan work, track results and resolve variances