Who We Are
We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our clients.
Our internship program provides hands-on experience in sustainable engineering design. The 10 to 12 week, paid program gives interns the opportunity to learn about the building design industry from a traditional viewpoint, and to learn the PAE and Luma way. We have internships in the areas of mechanical, electrical, lighting design, energy analysis, and technology systems design.
Interns here work directly as part of our engineering and Lighting Design teams. From small retrofits to high-profile Living Buildings, you'll gain an understanding of the entire design process—the planning, the execution, and the problem solving.
Interns will have their hands in numerous projects while at PAE. Working knowledge of the following tasks is preferred:
Lighting Design Tasks:
- Develop CAD and Revit system design and documentation that may include but not be limited to project required deliverables including:
- Photo realistic rendering
- Utilizing Photoshop
- Calculations utilizing AGI
- Other similar products and programs
- Lighting design calculations
- Luminaire selections and placement
- Photometric review
- Interior and Architectural design integration
- Narrative development
- General project timeline/overview
- Site Visits/Site Observation Reports
- Cost estimate review/preparation
- M/E coordination schedule
Minimum Candidate Qualifications:
- 3rd year undergraduate or current graduate student preferred
- Clear desire to work in the lighting design industry
- Passionate for sustainable design
- Effective communicator
- Located in or ability to relocate to the San Francisco area for the duration of the internship
- Power System Engineering
- Lighting (preferred)
What We Offer
- Hiring Base Salary Range: $25.50/hour
- This position is eligible for time and a half overtime pay
The above range represents LUMA | PAE's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
In addition, LUMA | PAE offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Commuter benefit
- Committee involvement
- Dog-friendly office
- Paid time off for sick leave, family leave, vacation, community service and holidays.
- This information is provided per the Equal Pay Act.
Our commitment to pay equity
PAE is a JUST label certified company; we demonstrate JUST label requirements within pay equity. Pay scales should meet or exceed applicable legislated wage requirements and industry standards and compensate, on the same basis, all individuals performing the same or similar work and work of equal value. We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our commitments to equitable business practices, you may view our JUST label certification here: https://just.living-future.org/s/organizations/20-organizations/pae
To find out more visit our website: https://www.pae-engineers.com/values
This job operates in a professional office environment where dogs/pets may be present. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.