**Position is Open to Residents in the State of Ohio**
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio is seeking a mission-minded Associate to join us as full time (37.5 per week) Public Affairs Coordinator.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) and Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio (PPAO) boasts a grassroots advocacy, policy, and communications infrastructure across the state, which works to defend and promote reproductive freedom. The Public Affairs Coordinator supports the VP of Government Affairs and Public Advocacy by managing the PPAO Board responsibilities, PPAO Board and Team administrative work including candidate endorsements, and special campaign projects. These administrative responsibilities are critical to PPAO’s ability to advocate for issues include family planning, contraceptive equity, and access to emergency contraceptives, comprehensive sex education and access to abortion.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
We protect, promote, and provide empowered health care for people throughout Ohio.
- We respect and honor all people
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for patients and staff
- We provide health care - without judgment
- We maintain responsible business practices
- We regularly demonstrate our shared organizational workplace values and standards in order to educate and care for the communities that we serve
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical 90% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage
- Vision 100% employer paid for single coverage
- Life Insurance 100% employer paid
- Accidental Death & Disability 100% employer paid
- Long Term/Short Term Disability 100% employer paid
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution up to 4%
- Nine (9) paid holidays per year
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In collaboration with VP of Government Affairs and PPAO leadership team, manage PPAO Board correspondence, scheduling, creating meeting agendas, and being the note taker for full board meetings and committee meetings.
- Coordinate correspondence and help ensure goal setting and accountability between PPAO board members and PPAO leadership and team members.
- Manage PPAO Endorsement administrative process. Work with Endorsement committee and PPAO leadership team to update endorsement applications, questionnaires and letters and work with Marketing team to update communications needs for endorsements. Coordinate directly with candidates to ensure all documentation is acquired for process.
- Research program and campaign specific requests for use by PPAO team members or board members to make campaign and candidate decisions.
- Schedule meetings for VP of Government Affairs and PPAO board members with elected officials, candidates, and grass top decision makers. Coordinate similar meetings with PPGOH and PPSWO CEOs with their respective schedulers.
- Prepare materials and take notes on important meetings as designated by VP of Government Affairs and Public Advocacy.
- Coordinate special advocacy and electoral campaigns with direction from Senior Director of Campaigns and Data and VP of Government Affairs and Public Advocacy. Special campaigns include time bound campaigns where Field Managers need additional support especially with grass top relationships, research, and managing consultants.
- Coordinate purchasing of PPAO supplies and contracts with consultants and vendors with direction from PPAO leadership team.
- This position includes time spent organizing and advocating on behalf of both PPGOH and PPAO in 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 capacities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative work for campaigns or non-profits preferred.
PROMISE TO OUR ASSOCIATES
Planned Parenthood has served Ohioans with safe, accessible, and affordable health care for 100 years and welcomed more than 100,000 patient visits to our health centers in 2020. Every day, we fight to provide this care to everyone, no matter their income level, insurance status, zip code, color, creed, or country of origin.
As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve.
In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) is an equal opportunity employer. We care for our business by ensuring that all of our decisions regarding the employment relationship, including the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
As a matter of PPGOH policy we affirm that we respect and honor all people and we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
In addition to the above commitments, PPGOH seeks to have employees that reflect the broad diversity of those that we serve and we encourage all who are ready to be In This Together to apply.