Hart Crowser has an exciting opportunity for a Geologist in our Honolulu, Hawai‘i office. Founded in 1974, Hart Crowser has 120 staff in 9 offices in Hawai‘i, Washington, Oregon and Guam providing a full range of geotechnical, environmental, and natural resources consulting. You will be part of the team that has been responsible for geotechnical engineering for the world’s longest floating bridge, highest MSE wall in the Western Hemisphere, largest diameter soft-ground bored tunnel in the world, and some of the tallest buildings in the United States.
Working under the direction of a senior engineer or geologist, duties for this position may include: performing field exploration and sample collection, geotechnical laboratory testing, assisting with data analysis and engineering computations, report writing and construction monitoring.
- BS in Geology or Geological Engineering;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the duties listed above in Hawai‘i;
- Willingness to travel to other Hawai‘i islands and Pacific project locations;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds; and
- Current driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; and
- The ability to interact well with internal staff and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.