Position Title: Break Camp Counselors
Status: Seasonal, non-benefitted, At-Will
Term: September 2019 – May 2020, intermittent throughout the year
Works great with School Schedules!
Time Commitment: 9:00am-4:00pm (extended care is 7:30am-9am and 4-6pm) Monday through Friday during break camps operating between September-May, and additional hours as needed. May include, but not limited to school breaks, Jewish and Federal Holidays.
Under the direction of Youth & Camp Leadership Team, Camp Counselors will interact with and supervise campers K-5th grade. Camp Counselors will assist with planning and implementing daily activities for campers. Assures that camp operates in a safe manner at all times. Assures the implementation of group activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have knowledge of camper’s whereabouts at all times.
- Actively facilitate camper development in Outdoor Recreation Activities, Social Skill Development, Values, Multi-Cultural and Environmental Awareness.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be a positive adult role model.
- Assist in development, implementation, and evaluation of daily day camp activities.
- Adhere to and enforce Camp policies and procedures and operate day camp activities in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintain good relations with day camp parents.
- Attendance at staff meetings and pre-camp training (mandatory).
- Be prompt to all work assignments and adhere to daily schedule and operating calendar.
- Enforce and adhere to camp procedures and policies.
- Maintain all camp equipment and supplies.
- Adhere to daily day camp operating schedule.
- Facilitate camper development.
- Care about and give attention to campers’ needs.
- Ability to work traditional business hours and non-traditional hours as business dictates, may include weekends, nights, and overnights.
* Perform special projects and other related duties as required by management and as business dictates.
- Community Center environment
- Inside and outside work environment, includes but not limited to pool, field, and playground areas.
- May experience extreme heat temperatures during Summer months
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods
- Ability to lift/carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
The working conditions described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others.