Key Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree (Education, Communications, Business or International Studies or related field) or equivalent experience and education.
Strong written and oral communications skills.
Experience living abroad and/or second language preferred (Spanish or Mandarin).
Experience in customer service.
Strong organizational skills in routine as well as time-sensitive situations, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through.
Analytical and pragmatic problem solving skills, applying good discretion and judgment.
Comfortable with the use of technology and tech tools for communication, documentation, and community building.
Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to influence and positively lead change and transition.
Ability to work weekends and/or evenings as required.
- Passionate about learning and welcoming people from all over the world, learning about their culture and sharing your own culture and experiences.
- Love for international adventures - languages, dancing, food, travel, etc.
- We are looking for impact makers who believe in business as a force for good.
- Eager to make a difference for today and tomorrow
- Flexible with your time and energy and willing to expand beyond the day-to-day expectations of your work. (And the company reciprocates with flexibility!)
- Cameras on during zoom meetings - we want to see your smile.
- Believe global education is for everyone!
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company at conferences, events and meetings.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time visiting and developing key accounts in NC and VA.
- Strong preference for NC or VA based candidates.
What You’ll Love About Us:
Participate Learning is a B Corporation headquartered in Chapel Hill, NC, that partners with K-12 schools and districts to provide cultural exchange teachers, global education, and language immersion programs in Spanish and Mandarin. As part of our B Corp commitment, one of the essential measures of the success of our business is the positive impact we make on our employees. Our work inspires everyone to be change agents, bringing more empathy and connection to the world.
- Attractive benefit coverage for medical, dental, vision
- Company paid long-term, short-term disability and life insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Generous Vacation and Separate Sick Time
- Wellness Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infant-At-Work and Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- Onsite Gym
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Funds
- Tuition Assistance
- Cultural Experience & Milestone benefit every 3 years
Due to the nature of our work with teachers and schools, COVID-19 vaccine/booster is a requirement for new hires, however, the company will consider accommodations for disability and religious reasons.