Who We Are
With a mission to provide world-class healthcare to the underserved Asian community, Rendr is the leading primary care focused, multi-specialty physician group dedicated to serving the Asian population in New York City. Our over 200 providers take care of the health of approximately 200,000 patients at more than 100 clinical offices throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Nassau County.
Department: Medical Operations
Why Work at Rendr?
- A friendly and fast paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Mentorship from top healthcare executives
Job Position: Nurse Supervisor
The Nurse Supervisor will promote and ensure high-quality patient care in the ambulatory care network by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning strategies; directing and developing nursing and medical assistant staff; collaborating with physicians and the healthcare team; and providing support for patients, caregivers, and families.
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for supervising and training nurses and medical assistants in our ambulatory care network on clinical procedures, clinical operations, patient care quality, usage of our electronic medical records system, HIPAA compliance, and other essential healthcare topics.
The Nurse Supervisor will become a value-based care “VBC” expert and identify best practices for nurses in VBC efforts.
- Supervises and develops nursing and medical assistant staff by hiring, orienting, supporting, and evaluating staff and developing a training curriculum
- Meets nursing operational standards by contributing to strategic planning; implementing productivity and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Assures quality of care by developing and implementing the ambulatory care networks standards of care; maintaining adherence to state practice requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning staff, providing patient care when needed, and following up on work results
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing clinical and care management support and education to patients, caregivers, families, and the healthcare team
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, and storage procedures
- Maintains nursing supplies and emergency equipment inventory by monitoring usage; anticipating needed supplies; and approving requisitions
- Maintains updated professional knowledge through various means, including attending outside educational workshops, reading professional publications
- Participates in various network Committees to improve patient care
- Work with other Rendr leaders to align workflows to support VBC work for patients in primary and multi-specialty care
- Develop VBC trainings, integration of VBC work at the practice level, and help to answer questions about VBC models
- Act as primary interviewer for all new nursing candidates
- Provide onboarding and training to all newly hired nurses
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual English and Chinese required (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- NYS licensed Registered Nurse
- BLS/ACLS certification required
- 3+ years of clinical experience in the primary care setting required
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms
- Strong analytical, instructional, and interpersonal skills required
- Patience and strong teaching skills required
- Supervisory experience required
- Knowledge and clinical experience regarding patient safety, infection control, vaccine storage, and NCQAs Patient Centered Medical Home standards preferred
- Traveling is required to various medical practices sites across Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- 401k with match
- And more!