WHO WE ARE:
Plug & Play is an early-stage venture firm and accelerator focused on investing in emerging high-tech companies. Since 1998, our venture arm has invested in over 400 startups from around the world, including PayPal, Dropbox, Soundhound and Lending Club. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, we have grown into 28 locations across North America, Europe, and Asia.
As a Venture Capital Business Development Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on the strategy to coordinate Plug and Play’s investor network and broaden the use of our corporate innovation platform. You will work closely with the Plug and Play Ventures team to drive strategic interactions with other venture firms to build long-term business relationships. You will also act as a critical interface to the venture ecosystem for all facets of Plug and Play and across the industry verticals.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background and sales experience that enables them to drive engagement, and effectively interact at the Venture Partner level. This person should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges, with the skill to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally. This is an entry- to mid-level position.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Effectively communicate the Plug and Play value proposition and elevator pitch to inspire top venture firms to engage and interact with our startup network
- Broadly and actively connect with venture capital firms, incubators, and accelerators to establish and maintain working relationships and facilitate expanded collaboration and investment opportunities
- Coordinate relationship building activities with appropriate partners, investment professionals, subject-matter experts, and other Plug and Play personnel in an effort to help ensure Plug and Play is fully engaged in working effectively with them
- Create a pipeline of reasonable partnership opportunities and reliable engagement forecasts in a transparent manner
- Generate high-quality deal flow by meeting with investors and representing the firm at industry events
- Meet specific business goals on assigned accounts and report and measure progress against quarterly engagement goals