Job Purpose: Supervise medical care of clients’ pets under the direction of the Hospital Manager, SPVC veterinarians’ and established SOP’s. Supervise nursing staff delivering care to these patients through scheduling, regular review and coaching and communication. Serve in one or more assigned nurse roles on designated shift as personal certifications allow.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Fulfill all essential functions in the Nurse Level 2 job description
- Supervise medical care provided by nursing staff
- Maintain open communication with Hospital Manager regarding all employee and operation issues
- Supervise and Coach nursing staff regarding policy, process and standard operating procedures
- Communicate regularly with veterinarians and nursing staff regarding needs of the clinic.
- Work with the Hospital Manager to ensure that the engagement and efficiency of the nursing staff are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Assist Doctors and the Hospital Manager in establishing hospital standard operating procedures/protocols (SOP) and training protocols for all staff members.
- Become AVIMark software “Super User”
- Maintain ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Act as back-up administrator for the Hospital Manager
- Ensure accurate description and pricing of all services and products
- Coordinate AVIMark technical support calls and updates
- Act as back-up approver for all assistance programs including the Caldwell Trust
- Maintain appropriate Drug Logs to standard
- Coordinates/Oversees the ordering of all medical supplies and medications, coordinating controlled drug substance orders with the Senior Director, Veterinary Services
- Oversee inventory and cost accounting.
- Handle the oversight of client and customer complaints (with CCS Manager) and resolve client communication issues.
- Recruit and conduct initial interviews for open staff positions
- Provide input and assist with 90-day and annual performance reviews in the approved SPCA format, with the Hospital Manager, for nursing staff.
- Monitor and appropriately document employee performance and attendance in accordance with SPCA Human Resources policy. Supervise the functions of nursing staff
- Ensure Avimark records are updated thoroughly and accurately, with surgery notes and treatments.
- Oversee/ Coordinate scheduling of the nursing team while considering staffing, PTO and overtime.
- Work with Hospital Manager to ensure payroll is completed and correct.
- All other duties as assigned.