The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The HR Administrative Assistant will work with the Personnel Manager for the Bureau of Immunization to ensure that ongoing HR Personnel Actions are completed in a timely manner. The HR Assistant will initiate many of the HR related transactions that occur in the bureau, as well as track staff compliance in relation to mandatory trainings, overtime requests, equipment requests, and recruitment items. This role is critical with the increase in staffing that the bureau has experienced in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine, as well as the roll out of NYS Excelsior Pass.
- Enter new staff into the Employee Data Bank (EDB).
- Submit Service Request tickets for staff inquiries and requests (email, VPN, WLCR).
- Assist the Personnel Manager in the preparation and tracking of Return to Office spreadsheets and Reasonable Accommodation requests.
- Assist the Personnel Manager with the Bureau's recruitment process in preparing and submitting job postings and uploading resumes for HR Verification using the Personnel Action Triggering System (PATS).
- Assist the Personnel Manager in the coordination and onboarding of new staff.
- Assist in preparing and submitting various administrative reports.
- Assist the Personnel Manager with the submission of staff training requests.
- Track and notify bureau staff of their non-compliance of agency mandated trainings.
- Ad-HOC duties that may arise.