Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes the Company’s mission and values-based culture through welding a quality part to be painted and/or shipped to customer.
- Manage the daily workflow of the mig welder and production of customer orders.
- Safety: Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations by all employees
- Quality: interpret blueprints and make part within the tolerance
- All welds need to be watertight.
- Productivity: Produce parts by the order on LMS; Maintain utilization specified by supervisor
- Coordinate with Material Handler for the next fixture and material(s) needed.
- Report any discrepancy to QA and Supervisor
- View blueprints and claim daily production into LMS.
- Dexterity: Employee would work with their hands, and need to be able to lift or hold heavy items
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer a minimum of one year manufacturing experience mig welding
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills to pull up and view blueprints and view and claim shop orders.
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to set up and operate mig welder
- Must be able to pass Quality Assurance’s internal test requirements for light wall, heavy wall and standard wall galvanized steel coded material
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.