- 2 years of college and a minimum of 5 years of driving experience.
- Proficient in spelling, arithmetic with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- One year of animal handling experience. Prior work experience to that demonstrates the ability to set priorities and work with minimal supervision.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking in making judgments.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to operate animal control equipment.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone and ambulance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Integrity and ability to build trust relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience with humane methods of care, restraint and handling of small animals.
- Legible handwriting.
- Possess a genuine concern for all animals and their welfare.
- Working knowledge of animal-related terminology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Pet Point.
- Moderate physical effort – regularly lifting or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Facility operations include areas of high noise levels.
- Exposure to animal feces, dust bites and potential for scratches and bites.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of SPCA pets of all sizes.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to drive an ambulance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass required background checks.
By my signature below I indicate that I have received, read and been given the opportunity to ask questions with regard to the contents of this description and expectations for my performance.
It is not possible to detail nor anticipate every thing an employee may be required to do, therefore it is understood that my job may require me to perform other duties as assigned which might include, but are not limited to: new duties, duties previously assigned to another position, and assistance to others in completion of their normal duties.
I understand that job descriptions may be revised or altered from time to time at the sole discretion of the SPCA Tampa Bay for any reason.
This job description is not intended to and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract between any individual and the SPCA Tampa Bay. All employment is “at-will.”