- Drug and Alcohol Certification (must be either a "CADC" from CCAPP, or "CATC" from CAADE, please list this designation and number clearly after candidate name on resume/C.V.)
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred;
- Knowledge of alcohol and drug prevention and recovery/treatment programs and principles;
- Knowledge of the effects of alcohol and drug abuse;
- Knowledge of and sensitive to the needs of the Latino and African American Community;
- Ability to take instructions;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong oral and written skills;
- Strong Problem solving skills;
- Ability to comprehend written material and accurately process information;
- Ability to organize and prioritize several projects simultaneously;
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurance.
- Willingness to perform related duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for doing assigned work and for meeting deadlines. Completes assigned work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives, policies, standards and proscribed procedures.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to clients including cultural and ethical beliefs; and implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
- Knowledge of community resources for client referrals.
- Attends work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding absences and tardiness. Provides adequate notice to supervisor and management with respect to vacation time and time-off requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues including client confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of client care and department functioning.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others; and acts as a resource to team members and clients where appropriate.
- Handles difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive criticism.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and staff meetings as required, and actively participates in other departmental professional development including providing training and consultation.
- Participates in the assessment of current and future department learning needs and assist in the development of learning plans.
- Observes and keeps self-informed of activities in the department and makes recommendations for change.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and courteous relationships with fellow employees, supervisor, managers in other departments, senior management and executive staff, and community stakeholders.
- Tactfully and effectively handles requests, suggestions and complaints from other departments and persons in order to maintain good will within the agency.
Working Conditions and Job Setting
- Driving and access to a car is required
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required
- Position involves extensive computer use and sitting
- Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
- Excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision benefits, vacation, sick, and holiday leave, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Work life balance
- Great working hours
- Supportive/Collaborative work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Opportunities for Growth and Professional Development
- Holiday and employee celebrations
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I reviewed this job description and I understand my job duties and responsibilities. I understand I am responsible for satisfactorily performing my job duties and responsibilities. I am capable of performing the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned according to the needs of the agency.
I was given the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback (i.e. clarification) regarding this job description prior to signing this form.
***For positions that require a degree, La Familia requires that potential employees provide proof of having received their degree. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws.
La Familia is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws.