- Be an active participant in a team-based fundraising department and provide additional assistance to other development staff members when required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in fundraising within the non-profit sector and at least a minimum of two years of major gift direct solicitation experience of individuals (non-event related), as well as experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to prepare and present both formal written and oral presentations.
- Requires strong collaboration skills in order to work effectively across the organization and function consistently as a highly valued and high performing team player within the Development department and the organization.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to meet measured financial goals and objectives.
- Broad knowledge of individual giving fundraising principles (i.e. discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to work patron and special events that occur on the evenings and weekends
- College degree preferred.
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Full Time Salaried Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Weekdays with some evenings and weekends
Benefits Offered: Alley Theatre offers a complete health benefits package, paid vacation and sick, paid holidays, and a 401K match
Alley Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Alley Theatre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.