The Production Manager will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for managing all labor and operations related to production. This position will help the company achieve financial targets by ensuring the highest production at the lowest possible cost while meeting company performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements. The role will work a 10-hour shift Wednesday - Saturday from 7AM - 5PM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Production team in the execution of daily operational objectives and efficiently manage workflow
- Provide timely and effective feedback to operators regarding performance, responsibilities, department goals and objectives
- Responsible for ensuring employee training and secession management
- Support the General Manager in the management of an effective repair and preventive machine maintenance program
- Develop and maintain effective quality control procedures for new and existing processes
- Responsible for ensuring employees are accurately collecting time, material usage and location movement data in the MIS system.
- Responsible for timely review, authorization and submission of employee timesheets
- Optimally manage employee overtime, labor and vacation schedules
- Know and enforce all equipment safety features and plant safety rules to ensure a safe, clean and healthy workplace
- Show and demonstrate a quality-conscious attitude
- Evaluate the efficiencies and profitability of the department and apply improvements
- Provide leadership and direction, in a clear and professional manner, based on the company standards, customer requirements and daily production demands
- Maintain current knowledge of industry technology and trends
- Support Southeastern in the leadership of the department and the execution of Southeastern’s strategic objectives.