About the Opportunity
As a Software Engineer on the Mobile team, you’ll help us maintain and develop new features for our events and auction software. Alongside other members of the Mobile team, you’ll help gather requirements and implement the back-end infrastructure of new features and updates to our existing platform. Do you love building systems and problem solving? So do we! Whether it’s overcoming a technical hurdle or finding an elegant solution that helps users, your passion for solving problems and working with lots of moving parts will help you be successful in this role.
Do you get excited by a well-designed REST API? Do you have experience building your own? We’re looking for someone who can help us continue to build a quality API used by our mobile apps. You’ll work closely with our mobile app engineers to bridge our complex system into clean, easy-to-use, and well-documented APIs. Have you ever participated in an online or charitable auction? If so, you might be familiar with how fun, but complex they can be. There are lots of scenarios to account for and getting it just right is critical to making it a great user experience. We’re looking for someone who can help us make our auction software an industry leader.
What does success look like?
- Maintain and add new features to our auction platform.
- Assist with a redesign of our event registration system.
- Ensure a high level of stability within the auction apps and help reduce bugs introduced in the system.
- Build scalable, well-documented code that is consistent with our existing API endpoints.
- Become intimately familiar with our auction system in the first 90 days, asking lots of questions along the way.
What challenges can you expect?
- There is a lot to learn; the overall platform is complicated, multi-faceted and the auction system is very complex!
- We have a lot of API endpoints to maintain – just for auctions alone!
- Debugging skills will need to be top notch as code is not well documented and will require self-exploration and understanding
- Updating documentation is a manual process.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
To succeed in this role:
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- API-driven development with extensive experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming
- GitHub or some other method of version control
Things that will help you stand out:
- Experience in server-sent events (SSE) and/or web sockets
- Experience working with iOS and Android
- Experience working with 3rd party SDKs (Apple Pay, Login with Apple, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience in test-driven development
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company building products that help nonprofits fundraise more effectively so they can change the world
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision, dental insurance, fitness plan reimbursement, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- A flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off so you can make good things happen in your community
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (after 12 months of employment)
- Time off to vote
- The hardware you need to get the job done!
- Lots of Qgiv gear to add to your wardrobe (we have some of the softest shirts around)!
Who are we?
Qgiv is a fast-growing technology company with a history of delivering innovative solutions that empower nonprofit organizations and their fundraising programs. Qgivers are active learners and collaborators, motivated by the work our customers do and the impact they’re making on the world.
We’re guided by our core values: empathy, introspection, honesty + integrity, persistence, openness, respect, and passion. We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also take time to celebrate and have fun! When we’re in the office (darn you, COVID!), we enjoy game nights, potlucks, costume and office decorating competitions, a monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed. While remote, we stay connected through video and Slack, weekly coffee talks, and virtual Town Hall meetings.
By joining the team, you’ll have the support and encouragement to do remarkable things every day. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that transform the way our nonprofit customers fundraise so that they can have a greater impact on the world around us.
Qgiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our products and services benefit from diverse backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, pregnancy, medical conditions, veteran status, physical [dis]ability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.