Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations, Rendr is a primary care-driven multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 200,000 patients through its 90+ locations in Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Location: Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Salary range: $16 to $23 Hourly
Job Position: Medical Receptionist
Medical receptionists are responsible for providing a great first impression of Rendr Physicians by warmly welcoming patients to the practice and providing exceptional customer service throughout the visit.
- Warmly greet and direct patients, vendors, and visitors as they enter the practice
- Schedule new appointments and coordinate follow up appointments
- Process insurance information to determine patient eligibility and collect copays accurately
- Check-in patients upon arrival and assist with completion of paperwork when needed
- Address questions specific to insurance benefits and coverage and escalate questions to Billing Team when appropriate
- Check/prepare lab or imaging reports
- Verify accuracy of patient information and make appropriate changes or updates in records
- Conduct follow-up reminder calls to patients when needed
- Answer phone calls and handle all inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies
- Handle sensitive and confidential patient data appropriately
- Bilingual in English and Chinese required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- Dedication to patient satisfaction and safety
- Adaptability and flexibility able to work in different offices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage competing priorities