- CVT Level: Associate’s degree.
Licensure or Certification:
Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Euthanasia Technician Certification preferred, not required.
Experience in a shelter preferred.
2 or more years experience in a veterinary hospital.
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
- Ability to objectively observe animal behavior.
- Knowledge of animal communications.
- Knowledge of safe and humane animal handling techniques.
- Genuine concern for all animals and their welfare.
- Ability to show compassion for animals and their owners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of humane methods of care, handling, and restraint of animals.
- Ability to recognize changes in condition or behavior as indicators of possible problems.
- Manual dexterity for handling animals, medical instruments and equipment and for completing intricate tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively and serve as an effective liaison with other departments
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Working knowledge of standards and practices applicable to animal medical records.
- Working knowledge of AVIMark practice management software and Pet Point shelter software.
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and DEA standards and requirements.
- Ability to operate dental, anesthesia and x-ray equipment.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
- Skilled at training and teaching other technicians
- Skilled at mentoring and guiding level 1 Nurses
- Moderate physical effort – regularly lifting or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Facility operations include areas of high noise levels.
- Exposure to animal feces and potential for scratches and bites.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of pets of all sizes.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass required background checks.