do you want to use your talent for a purpose?
Work for a mission-based organization with a great purpose. CHFA finances the places where people live and work throughout Colorado. We are known for our commitment to providing innovative financing solutions to create and preserve both affordable housing and growth opportunities for small businesses. We are a mission-driven enterprise focused on fulfilling the needs of our diverse customer base to aid in their success. We value our customers and partners. We are their trusted resource delighting them with our outstanding service, creative solutions, and relevant products. We are a responsible and balanced advocate of affordable housing and small business issues for the Colorado community. Our employees are essential to our success. We’ve built our enterprise on integrity, expertise, fiscal responsibility and dedication to our mission.
The CHFA team works together throughout Colorado to Increase the availability of affordable, decent, and accessible housing for lower income Coloradans; and strengthen the state's economy by providing financial assistance to businesses.
what you'll be part of … our Culture
Culture is at the heart of our success. At CHFA, we champion individual development and community awareness. We support a healthy work-life balance and offer programs to help you utilize and grow your talents.
Learn more about CHFA’s mission, vision and values on our website at www.chfainfo.com/careers.
Read on to preview more of our benefits.
how you'll grow
We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take calculated risks, and explore outside the box.
what you'll be doing ... nature of position
Person will perform construction management and property inspection functions on various projects. Responsibilities also includes participation in the underwriting process through physical inspection of collateral, identification of environmental issues, making initial recommendations and implementing approved actions after review with supervisor.
- Monitor construction processes and budgets on rehabilitation and new projects
- Act as lender’s representative throughout the construction process
- Reviews rehabilitation and new construction loan proposals for overall project feasibility which would include the following:
- reviews construction contracts, contract documents, cost estimates, specifications and blueprints, ascertains compliance with federal, state, local codes, CHFA and HUD standards, and Davis-Bacon Wage Requirements
- explains procedures to customers and contractors, reviews Environmental Assessments, conducts transaction screenings, identifies accessibility issues and recommends remediation actions as appropriate, review construction draw requests and change orders, makes recommendations related to scheduling, identifies conflicts and resolving issues; coordinates communication with the production division, ensures accuracy and completeness of design as they relate to materials, equipment systems, ensures that contractors follow the contract documents and adhere to schedules and projects
- Participate and contribute in all activities and/or projects that directly support CHFA in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision through dedication to the community in which CHFA serves, operational excellence, and fiscal responsibility
- Knowledge of Environmental Conditions and application of ASTM review processes as they apply to project conditions/ reviews
- Knowledge of the application of the National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA) following HUD Guidelines, as well as Davis Bacon wage monitoring practices
- Knowledge and application of Tax Credit Allocation (TCAP), Tax Credit Exchange (TCEP) and New Market Tax Credit (NMTC) Programs as they relate to the specific construction processes
- Other duties as assigned
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
benefits you may enjoy…
CHFA’s benefit and compensation package demonstrates our commitment to our employees’ well-being and is designed to take care of the whole you.
A sampling of our benefits:
- Parking/Transportation Reimbursement Benefit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, with very low rates
- Generous Paid Time Off, including paid volunteer time, and generous leave programs (such as Paid Family Leave, STD, etc.)
- PERA Retirement Plan Match (5%)
- Paid Life Insurance, and optional supplemental life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible culture
- Professional and Personal Development (40 hours per year goal)
- Tuition Reimbursement benefits for continuing education
- Numerous Programs: Wellness, Volunteer, Employee Loans, Referrals, etc.
- On-site state-of-the-art fitness center, group class studio (for yoga, Zumba, and a suite of online on-demand fitness classes)
- State-of-the-art work space, with standing/sitting desks, collaboration space, focus pods, kitchens, etc.