Join Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation!
Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub
- Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
We believe that what sets us apart is who we are and how we connect with people. We are a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day. To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a manager to join our Marketing & Development team to lead the marketing of initiatives that encompass our sports, school, and summer camp programs through written content, website, video, events, talent, and audio for our families and partners alike. The ideal candidate is someone who can connect with people at all levels, cares about providing a superior customer experience, and is masterful in crafting stories about the positive impact of sport-based play.
The Marketing Manager is the strategic and creative anchor that bridges the gap between our editorial, customer success, and business development teams, leading the development of groundbreaking programs that articulate Kids in the Game’s brand vision in a way that resonates with our families and partners. This individual will be focused on the pre-sale (i.e. creative development, deck building, building relationships, making asks), and post-sale (nurturing, email campaigns, events, PR). We welcome candidates that are creative collaborators, organized, with strong written, verbal and visual storytelling abilities.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to find clarity amidst ambiguity to translate raw editorial ideas into game-changing marketing programs; produce a high volume of new content and offerings on a quarterly basis without sacrificing quality; and develop equal trust with the staff creating and editing content, as well as those promoting our sales and customer success strategies, so that everyone sees you as a credible resource and ally.
This is an in-person position based in New York City with flexibility for 1 day of remote work each week. The starting salary is $62,000 with a total rewards package valued at $12,000, annual salary raises, and bonuses. This would be an ideal position for someone with 3-4 years of marketing experience who is looking to challenge themselves beyond content creation and graphic design.
The key functions of your role will include:
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy that includes content marketing initiatives in line with the overall organizational goals by brainstorming and designing high quality content for social, digital, and print
- Manage the central Kids in the Game Marketing and Content Calendar, ensuring all materials and sales information is up to date
- Proactively ideate and develop new editorial programs and IP in collaboration with VP
- Consult with Customer Success team to gather insights that drive future campaign strategy for families
- Attend business development pitches and client meetings to speak to the Kids in the Game brand voice and editorial programming to our partners
- Own and manage the email and nurture strategy for families and partners
- Create style guides and brand standards to effectively share our message with families and partners
- Monitor trends and competitors to identify new opportunities in marketing, adapt our content with trends in sport-based youth development, and seek out opportunities to contribute to thought leadership
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Develop written communications for internal and external distribution, including pitch decks, presentations, reports, etc.
- Increase inbound website traffic, social media follows/shares, and blog readership by producing content that engages diverse audiences
- Support and promote impact-oriented initiatives, including our B Corp certification, DEI work, impact reports, etc.
- Collaborate with internal communications to ensure branding and messaging consistency
Why This Role Might be Right For You
- You have an interest and curiosity for all things sports and marketing: youth development specifically!
- You’ve worked independently on similar assignments and can produce a portfolio or case studies of relevant projects you’ve helped spearhead from a strategic perspective
- You can tap into creative ideas from different team members and other brands to create fresh, engaging marketing campaigns
- You have the ability to relate to the experiences of diverse communities across NYC and care deeply about advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
What You’ll Love About Us
- We are a youthful, passionate, and committed team of individuals who care about our youth and city
- We work hard and we take pride in executing programs at a high level
- We support each other personally and professionally by encouraging a growth mindset and shared sense of purpose
- We use games & team building exercises to maintain a robust team culture
- We value work/life balance and personal autonomy when it comes to managing your time and schedule
- We offer you the freedom to work outside of the office and reach new parts of NYC – every day can be a different experience as you visit all of our schools and programs and get a feel for all parts of the city
- We are an active team and regularly participate in company social leagues, workout classes, and sporting events
- We host semi-annual leadership retreats to build team cohesion and promote collaborative strategic planning
- We provide a total rewards package including:
- Paid time off, school & public holidays, personal days
- Health / dental / vision benefits (HSA eligible)
- 401K with employer matching contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Gympass membership / health & wellness reimbursement
- Free summer camp for your children or family relatives
Our Commitment to You
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe strongly in the value of incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We accept applications from all interested candidates, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You can expect to be welcomed into an engaging and spirited environment that emphasizes the importance of teamwork, open communication, and collaboration. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where our team members feel respected by and connected to one another. We celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and passions of our employees, and we look forward to adding dynamic personalities to our team.