The primary function of this position is to identify the member’s financial needs and offer a credit union solution. The role is responsible for originating mortgage, home equity, consumer and credit card loan applications. Markets mortgage products/services to area realtors, brokers and builders to build market share for Connex Credit Union. Confidently performs transactions for members with regard to real estate loans. Additionally, cross-sells checking accounts and rewards card products in order to deepen member relationships.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies needs, analyzes credit reports for opportunities & cross-sells appropriate credit union products and services.
- Make cold and warm calls that will generate leads from members and potential members.
- Develops relationships with realtors, brokers and builders to ensure consideration of preferred mortgage lender status.
- Counsels members on mortgage products.
- Conducts loan interviews with members seeking mortgage loans and collects required documentation.
- Originates mortgage applications.
- Partners with mortgage underwriting staff to ensure a smooth application process for members. This includes acting as a liaison between the underwriters and the members to obtain documentation from the members to clear underwriting conditions.
- Offers suggestions on potential new products and programs to the AVP of Customer Advocacy.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the AVP of Customer Advocacy, informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes, and other important information within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all information and transactions regarding credit union members are kept confidential.
- Complies with federal laws, regulations and internal controls as well as all credit union policies and procedures and supports the sales & service culture of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors’ rates and terms and other trends related to the credit union industry and drives that knowledge with the branch team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a mortgage loan officer or 5 years progressive credit union experience.
- Experience in a position involving member service, extensive public contact, sales, and clerical office work.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Proven commitment to providing quality service to members in current position illustrated by past record of exemplary member interaction.
- Strong sales oriented customer service skills and a thorough knowledge of credit union systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing consumer banking.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Ability to analyze member problems and find beneficial solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to gain and maintain NMLS licensing.
- Ability to gain and maintain State of CT Insurance Producer’s License.
- Continued education through selected training courses.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel skills.
- 40 + hours per week, with extreme flexibility necessary to meet the needs of members.
- Evening and weekend hours will be necessary.
Pursuant to the mandate of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act), this is notification that this position requires registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry as required by the S.A.F.E. Act. We will assist employees with the submission of required information required by the regulation.