This is a senior level position that will contribute to a team effort in all aspects of software engineering including design, development, testing, commissioning and support. This position will provide management and mentorship of direct reports. This position will also support pre-order concept work and project estimation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, develop, modify, write, edit, and implement software programming applications for the most complex solutions.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of an agile team of software engineers who will develop, test, and commission an integrated systems project.
- Participate in software functional tests using an equipment emulation model.
- Commission software on site with automated equipment.
- Provide start-up and post go-live support.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide mentorship, administrative oversight, performance evaluations, and personal development of direct reports.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience (6+ years) delivering software solutions in a material handling environment
- Proven ability to lead engineering resources to complete project tasks
- Previous experience managing direct reports of software engineering personnel
- Proficiency in object oriented design principles and programming in C#
- Experience in relational database application programming
- Thorough understanding of agile methods and practices
- Experience with Entity framework and LINQ
- Understanding of asynchronous and parallel programming techniques
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Workflow, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or newer, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Web Services or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with source control (e.g. TFS, GIT, SVN)
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time on short notice, including international travel
TGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.