Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to work in our Greenhouse. Greenhouse Production Assistants are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Seeding duties including operation of seeding machines
- Transplant seedlings based on quality standards
- Identify and cull plants with pests or disease
- Harvest mature plants
- Move and rearrange growing equipment as needed
- Assist with the loading and unloading of greenhouse materials
- Compost unused plants
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), company food safety policies, company employees safety policies, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Additional duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Lift 50 pounds
- Stand for a full 8-hour shift
- Maintain a steady pace with attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures that are anywhere from 55 degrees (within the Packhouse) to 90 degrees (within the Greenhouse).
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.