In this role, you will support the customer mission by processing applications for individuals on their path to citizenship. GCI’s are responsible for reviewing files and identifying all names and DOB variations related to that individual. The resulting information is then entered into a computer database. This position requires the ability to sit and read pages of information for long periods of time. Strong attention to detail, data entry and keyboarding accuracy and proficiency are critical to the role.
Essential Job Functions:
- May be assigned to specific production work
- Ability to work independently and meet production /quality goals
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of guides and manuals
- Perform basic computer work.
- May perform data entry to update reports and databases.
- Batch audit/electronic merging of files
- Loads and unloads boxes of files from trucks and shelving.
- Must meet and maintain production and quality goals.
- Abides by all company safety regulations.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary.
- Examines incoming material and codes it numerically, alphabetically, or by subject matter.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education Requirement: High School Diploma or GED Required
- Be able to pass government background security clearance check (includes a credit check), as needed
- Must be able to obtain and retain a US federal government security level clearance.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures, applies common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram instructions.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Reading and keyboard skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Position requires ability to lift 3-5 boxes per hour weighing up to 45 pounds repetitively
- Sitting lifting, standing, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing and reading for long periods of time
- Position requires ability to push/pull, transport objects using assistive equipment on a repetitive basis.
- Must have mental ability to concentrate on fine detail such as daily report conciliation
- Demonstrated data entry, key boarding, and attention to detail is required
- This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, use repetitive hand/wrist motions, withstand heights, stand/sit for prolonged periods, and assist with unloading and receiving inventory, and ability to push/pull, transport objects using assistive equipment on a repetitive basis. Must have visual ability to see objects closely as in reading and use of computer monitor.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.