Help Us Change Lives: Auberle Seeks
Human Resource Generalist
Auberle is a growing, nationally recognized, award winning human service organization that serves 4,000 individuals and families each year. Auberle staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding the most innovative ways to solve our community's most difficult problems. Auberle is committed to working to build and sustain an equitable and inclusive work environment, and world, where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all! Our staff have voted us as a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 10 years in a row. Auberle operates over 20 programs in 16 Western PA counties with 200 staff and a $16M+ budget.
We are seeking a passionate, mission driven, servant-leader to fill an immediate need for a Human Resource Generalist. This position is an integral part of the daily functions of the Human Resource department including hiring and interviewing staff, training, benefits, leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Administers and executes human resource programs including compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Assists with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, with at least one year of human resources experience is preferred. SHRM or PHR certification is a plus.
- Experience using HRIS system (Paycom experience highly preferred) is a plus.
- Experience with Benefits (Vision/Dental/Medical), FMLA, Wellness points, Life Insurance, 403B.
- Secretarial experience with technology skills including Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle and proof of insurance.
- Act 33/34 clearances (criminal and child abuse) as well as FBI clearance
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days (increases with tenure)
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 11 Paid Holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision & optional Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Insurances
- 403 B with an employer match
- Educational Assistance
- Ability to apply for public service loan forgiveness
If you are mission-driven with a passion for helping others, a desire to succeed and a determination to reach your full potential, apply to join our team!
*Random drug testing may be conducted to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace
**This is mean to be and overview, and not a full position description**