Responsible for reviewing client medical notes, sorting, scanning and organizing client files, making and confirming medical appointments, teaching medication training class to new employees, and occasional contact with Waiver participants. All other tasks necessary to ensure continuity of care in the Waiver nursing department.
• At least one year of medical surgical experience.
• At least one year of experience or greater in a medical office setting with clerical job duties.
• Office skills: must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PDF, and Excel programs.
• Able to multitask nursing duties which can range from handling numerous phone calls in a busy office setting and communicating with multiple medical facilities on client medical care.
• Proficient at administering all types of injections and understanding of hospital and medical preoperative procedures.
• Diverse knowledge of medications to include, proper administration, dosage, and able to educate staff on side effects and or adverse reactions.
• Good communication skills as this role requires communicating with multiple individuals on each participants team.
• Must be an organized person with thorough processes on following up on referrals and orders.
• Must be able to adjust to new tasks to provide the best possible care to Arc participants.
• Assist with after-hour back-up calls in rotation with the RN.
• Must be able to provide training in the field as delegated by the RN.
• Collaborate with doctor offices on appointment notes and dictating to the team.
• Any other tasks as delegated by RN or Director.