EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the review of all documentation of covered funded and unfunded loans, with an emphasis on precise data input into Laser Pro to ensure accurate data transmittal of the required reporting to the Federal Government, guaranteeing the bank’s compliance with regulations of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check in Loan Files when received from Loan Administration.
- Review all new loans to identify which loans are applicable to HMDA.
- Track receipt of HMDA covered loan files, following the process from Loan Review to Scanning ensuring delivery in a timely manner.
- Review documentation of all requests subject to HMDA to ensure the correct information has been provided, and give approval for request to be processed.
- Maintain Monthly HMDA Transaction log to ensure all HMDA loans are reported.
- Check Monthly Commercial Loan Inquiry to verify all covered commercial loans are reported.
- Work with HMDA Director and Loan Risk Manager to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the accuracy of Loan Application Register (LAR) of all HMDA loans for regulatory reporting.
- Provide HMDA training and guidance for all lending personnel as needed.
- Promptly review Adverse Action Notices and application withdrawals for all markets to ensure regulatory compliance of processed application documents:
- Prepare weekly board reports of processed credit denials and report of withdrawn applications
- Organize credit denial/withdrawal documents for scanning weekly
- Work with FSR trainer to ensure Lenders/FSRs remain up to date on regulatory requirements of adverse action notices for denied and withdrawn applications
- Back-up Beneficial Ownership Documentation for review loan requests of entities.
- Back up for Flood Monitoring.
- Back up loan file compliance check.
- Back up Safe Act duties.
- Must be able to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- High School Education and 2 years banking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous banking experience in areas of lending or equivalent of education and knowledge.
- Ability to become proficient using loan software.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows applications and other MS Office applications, 10 key, and keyboard.
- Clerical, administrative and customers service skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capacity to sustain strong attention to detail essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Strong follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Strong proficiency in pc applications.
- Experience with Laser Pro, Decision Pro, and HMDA Reporting Software preferred.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
- Driving to client locations and other sites as needed.
- Normal office environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.