The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between the government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, DOHMH has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
As part of the response efforts, the Vaccine Clinic Operation oversees numerous brick and mortar and pop-up clinics in all 5 boroughs. The clinics have been administering 100-2,000 vaccine doses daily. They have been critical to the vaccine efforts and have administered hundreds of thousands of doses.
The Project Manager will provide program management and technical support to these clinics. The person will liaise with contracted vendors, host sites, and DOHMH staff who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinic. The Project Manager will be expected to conduct site visits, meet with Regional and site leads, and report to leadership. They will work with stakeholders, ensure adequate capacity at sites and ensure smooth operation of the clinics.
- Provide technical assistance and support the regional and site leads in overseeing the operations of the clinics
- Conduct routine site visits to assist the site leads
- Assure regional and site lead involvement and representation in planning and decision-making.
- Work with leadership and stakeholders on new policies and procedures, and communicate to the clinics
- Identify resource needs (ex: training, evaluation, technical assistance) and access them.
- Troubleshoot issues and implement resolutions including working with facility management, property management, and security.
- Work with Human Resources and leads to ensure adequate clinic staffing
- Coordinate and manage all processes including organizing meetings, collecting and analyzing feedback, and overseeing logistics of process with support from Leadership
- Participate in regular meetings with internal and external teams and follow-up on notes, and action items
- Develop and track project metrics and make recommendations to stakeholders based on performance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned