Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Welcome Center Supervisor to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Welcome Center Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all Welcome Center activities at the Men’s Shelter, its staff, assigned work therapy program clients and volunteers. Additionally, this position requires provision of strong spiritual leadership, training, program development and administrative supervision. This will include: spiritual and professional leadership; staff hiring, scheduling, guidance, development, and supervision; program vision, development, strategy, implementation, and ongoing support; and delegation of tasks where appropriate. Must be flexible to work non-traditional hours, including occasional weekends when necessary
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
The regular schedule for this position will primarily be Monday - Friday, covering all 3 shifts throughout the week. Some overnights, holidays, and weekends will be required on occasion.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee overall operations of the Welcome Center in cooperation with supervisor.
- Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of direct report(s), which includes scheduling, training, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Manage, review all Welcome Center staff hiring and disciplinary actions, in cooperation with supervisor and the People Team.
- Directly supervise all Welcome Center client data systems, maintaining accurate and timely records keeping of guest and services, ensuring the accuracy and completion of all required daily Welcome Center reports and incident reports.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Welcome Center environment, which includes the day room, hallway, closet and window display; and maintaining a clean and safe environment for shelter Guests, refusing services to unsafe guest if necessary, and submitting of janitorial and maintenance requests as necessary.
- Maintain security of Men’s Shelter buildings by providing proper training/trainers to all Guest Services Associates on de-escalation, crisis management, security checks, and safety protocols.
- Administrative tasks which includes monitoring Welcome Center supplies, form preparation as necessary, reviewing incident reports, monitoring of late pass granting.
- Network with outside social service agencies, providing referrals to inquirers as appropriate.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Perform and train staff in proper administration of UA and Breathalyzer tests for program participants.
- Perform welfare checks in guest residences and restrooms.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean or acceptable driving record,
- No current suspensions or revocations,
- At least 21 years of age, or meeting of age-related criteria.
- High level of proficiency in creating and navigating documents, spreadsheets, tracking systems, and presentations using the Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Power Point, and Excel. Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, strategic thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
- Ability to lead, train and manage staff required.
- Ability to partner across an organization required
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regards to sensitive information required.
- Spiritually mature Christian with active church and prayer life and a consistent positive, friendly and cooperative demeanor.