- 3 or more years of maintenance experience in building maintenance including HVAC, electric, plumbing, roofing, painting and general repair work in a professional business setting.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a forklift, scissor lift, single lift, pallet jack, and dolly to move heavier materials.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position works in an active and busy museum setting. The position might also work in non-climate controlled areas of the museum such as the warehouse, machine shop and loading docks.
- Work involves completing duties in dark, tight places and working off of a ladder.
- Work involves frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance.
- This position may require the employee to drive for business purposes in either their own vehicle or a vehicle provided by the Museum. Employees that drive for business purposes must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check and provide proof of insurance and a valid license to drive on an annual basis.
- This position will require the applicant to pass a criminal background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.