EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Human Resources Training Supervisor in the development and maintenance of the Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Correspondence with employees, customers, vendors, etc.
- Manage applications, processing, reviewing, and scheduling interviews.
- Maintain internal and external job postings including website, social media, job posting websites, etc.
- Conduct pre-employment background checks, including reference checks, criminal background, and other research, etc.
- Assist in conducting orientation and coordination of initial training of new employees
- Manage all aspects of new employee on-boarding including, pre-employment drug testing, scheduling a start date, communicating orientation information and schedule to new employees, New Hire Checklist, etc.
- Conduct Exit Interviews
- Assist with employee NSF’s maintenance
- Responsible for ordering HR Department Supplies
- Maintain new hire, terming or revised employee information on the payroll system
- Assist with daily work flow and ensure HR Department deadlines are met
- Assist with administration of benefits including enrollment/changes, employee inquiries, problem resolution, and ACA, ERISA, FMLA and COBRA compliance
- Assist with implementation of new benefit packages
- Responsible for maintaining all aspects of HR Intranet page, including some aspects of Home Page, employee directory, organizational chart, other announcements as needed from HR
- Manage all aspects of personnel files, scanning, and editing
- Assist with all aspects of Mentor Program including assigning mentors, tracking, and sending gifts.
- Maintain job descriptions for all employees
- Ensure compliance with federal and state personnel laws and regulations
- Records retention, including the shredding of documents as required
- Assist with maintenance of Affirmative Action Plan and reports annually
- Assist with maintenance of EEO-1 and VETS 100 reports annually
- Responsible for assigning/tracking of 90 Day Evaluations and Annual Evaluations
- Manage all aspects of payroll functions, processing hourly and salary payroll as scheduled, processing incentives, bonuses, and manual checks as needed.
- Assist with tracking and management of COBRA
- Responsible for balancing payroll general ledger accounts monthly
- Reconcile monthly benefits statements and general ledgers to ensure accuracy. (Central United, Allstate, MASA, Simmons Center, VSP)
- Manage and track adjustments on paycom as needed, such as premium changes, deduction catch up or refunds, etc.
- Communicate with all benefit carriers any billing adjustments, corrections, revisions
- Assist with Employee Recognition Program presentations and orders.
- Assist all levels of management with personnel issues
- Assist with implementation and tracking of employee training and development efforts
- Assist with Fun Committee, planning employee banquet, and other events
- Maintain all service lists to ensure up-to-date information and accuracy.
- Post on Social Media sites with Job Descriptions, Community Involvement, Employee Awards, Etc as needed.
- Must be able to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Follow the direction of supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 2 years’ experience in Human Resources, Business Management, Accounting or related preferred
- Knowledge of payroll law common practices, concepts, policy and procedure preferred
- Computer skills, including experience with MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point
- Ability to learn job related software required
- Strong analytical, decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, and customer service
- Proficient computer, 10 key and typing skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong sense of customer and proficiency in PC applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules
- Strong follow through on projects and deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment)
- Setting up for training, employee events, luncheons, activities as needed
- Driving to client locations and other sites as needed
- Normal office environment
- Traveling to outlying locations as needed
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.