The work environment as well as the intellectual, social, and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training, Traits
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years professional production management experience or equivalent experience
- Background in in production management and/or accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of professional touring shows and concerts.
- Working knowledge of theatre, performing arts centers, tour companies, venues, et al.
- Basic technical theater knowledge (audio, electrics, carpentry, wardrobe) in union and non-union houses.
- Knowledge of standard Human Resources and Theatrical Union labor practices.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of VenueOps and Shiftboard programs.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility in role and evolving priorities.
- Ability to prioritize goals and implement plans.
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in line with the WAC corporate policies.
- Willing to assist others and work in a team setting.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with flexible long work hours including nights and weekends
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in production management of which 3 years is specific within the performing arts or related industry (i.e. technical theater, concert touring).
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time