- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Health Care and Customer Call Center experience preferred;
- Ability to handle a call center environment. Work efficiently, accurately and be able to multi-task;
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately
- Must be able to navigate through multiple databases that are utilized though UI Health’s software applications;
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 95% or greater accuracy;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and orally;
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required;
- Will be required to complete program update training, as warranted, and successfully implement that knowledge in day to day operations
- Commitment to our mission of providing opportunities for people who are visually impaired, blind, deaf-blind, or blind with additional disabilities is essential.
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired is an Equal Opportunity Employer in full compliance with local, state, and federal Civil Rights & Affirmative Action laws. The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired maintains a strong policy of accommodation and a consistent practice of employing qualified individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, military status, order of protection status or unfavorable discharge from military service.