Steppenwolf Theatre Company (STC) seeks a full-time Database Manager to manage all database input, list creation, extractions, reporting, security and ongoing maintenance for STCs CRM, Tessitura. This position will hold primary responsibility for the database structure, custom report generation and compliance for all Tessitura functions that support the daily needs of the company, working closely with the Box Office, Marketing, Development and Finance teams. This position requires superior attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and a strong ability to multi-task across priorities and deadlines. This position reports to the Audience Services Director.
Most Steppenwolf staff are currently working remotely, although we anticipate returning to the office in the fall. A laptop and other necessary equipment for this position will be provided.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee data tracking, reports, list management, extractions and other tasks as assigned for cross-departmental Tessitura use through coordination with internal Tessitura users in the Ticketing, Marketing, Development and Finance departments
- Serve as Tessitura System Administrator/System Architect, including related programs: Analytics, SQL, ROI, etc.
- Lead the company in the eventual transition from a custom e-commerce platform to Tessitura Network Express Web (TNEW)
- Actively participate as a member of the internal Steppenwolf web team to ensure proper web functionality, including identifying web needs, providing Tessitura-related information to the third-party web vendor, conducting Quality Assurance testing and ensuring that new functionality is working as expected post-launch
- Submit RAMP/Support/Extended Services tickets on behalf of staff as needed
- Create reports, custom lists and output elements in Tessitura
- Create custom jobs, stored procedures, views, and queries in SSMS, as well as perform necessary updates and imports
- Maintain the integrity of the Tessitura database by creating and implementing leading business practices to ensure clean entry and reporting procedures
- Provide oversight for the Tessitura database and security system upgrades, new applications, reports, documentation and the internal Tessitura Users Group
- Work with staff to improve frontline and backend processes via system set-up, company policy and industry best practices
- Document STC-specific Tessitura processes and policies, coordinate Tessitura training and assistance and reduce staff redundancy in procedures and policies.
- Develop and maintain a suite of regular reports and dashboards from Tessitura to support Marketing, Box Office and Development operations