GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Employees must meet the following general job performance standards:
Knowledge Of Work – Posses and utilizes knowledge of the job which is essential to perform the specific functions and related work.
Quantity Of Work – Accomplishes an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Ability to produce results.
Quality Of Work – Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
Timeliness – Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule.
Ability To Learn New Duties – Interprets, learns and responds to instructions for new situations, procedures or methods.
Teamwork – Places goals of True Organic Products, Inc. foremost when interacting with others at all levels. Builds an environment that fosters teamwork and enhanced task accomplishment through positive and supportive cooperation.
Communications – Demonstrates relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Expresses ideas clearly and demonstrates effective listening skills. Effective in exchanging ideas and information. Applies to communications with both co-workers and customers.
Job Commitment – Shows initiative in willingly accepting responsibility. Performs expected and unexpected tasks, demonstrates tenacity in completing tasks. Willingly exerts extra effort when necessary to get the job done without being directed to do so.
Decision Making & Judgment – Gathers relevant data, sets clear objectives, evaluates alternatives, makes timely decisions and commits to courses of action. Uses sound judgment: does not act impulsively in reaching decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA in Agriculture, business, sales and marketing preferred; AA in general education required and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years sales experience preferred. Knowledge of organic farming methods, irrigation, agricultural growing techniques, and sales and marketing.
- Ability to travel at least two weeks per month to build relationships with existing and prospective customers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in small or large groups to senior management, and clients.
Basic math, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to define problems; collects data; establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of agricultural information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and possess excellent telephone communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess exception interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable.
- Must be computer literate and have experience with PC based computers.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Must possess a valid class “C” California Drivers License.
WORKING CONDITIONS: working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
- This job is performed indoors approximately 40% of the time and outdoors approximately 60% of the time with relative control of daily exposure to the elements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of chemicals, dust/dirt.
- Protective clothing required includes, as appropriate: ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and work boots.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The temperature of the work environment is moderate indoors, and ranges from 50 – 100 degrees outdoors.
- Seldom (0 –5%): smell, crawl, kneel, and reach above shoulders.
- Occasionally (6-33%): squat, bend, twist, climb, balance, and lift (up to 100 lbs).
- Frequently (34-66%): sit, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, stand, walk, grasp with hands and fingers, and drive.
- Continuously (67-100%): use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); hear and speak; key (i.e., computer, calculator, telephone); and lift (up to 50 lbs).
MACHINES, TOOL AND EQUIPMENT:
- Seldom (0 - 5%): forklift / tractor
- Frequently (34-66%): copier fax, automobile
- Continuously (67-100%): computer, 10-key calculator, writing instrument, telephone, radio,
- The territory will include the Western United States as well as mid to Eastern US. The job requires frequent travel approximately 60% of time including some weekends to meet with customers. This job requires occasional travel to meetings, conferences, or training using automobile, air or other means.