- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preference may be given for a Technical Degree and Vocational Training or a combination of relevant education or experience.
- One or more years of mechanical work experience with electronics, carpentry and metal working.
- Must be able to meet the physical demand of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be available to work Tuesday through Saturday on a regular basis.
Knowledge: Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated, with little supervision needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of a broad variety of shop equipment including safe and productive operations
- Experience in electronics, computers, carpentry and mechanical skills
- Good computer skills, experience with MS Word and Excel preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must understand the importance of shop etiquette
- Metal and wood working experience
- Must have experience and knowledge of a variety of shop tools
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and overtime to ensure projects are completed on time.
This position works in an active and busy museum setting. This position works in a warehouse setting. The primary function of the ET is walking throughout the museum galleries checking and maintaining exhibits. Therefore, the ET must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in mechanical shop environment, to include loud noises, smells, and exposure to a variety of different materials
- Be able to reach, crawl around, and climb through children’s exhibits
- Work involves frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Work may include pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds without help and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
This position has been designated as a safety sensitive position. Safety sensitive positions include job duties that could affect the health and safety of the employee or others.
This position may require the employee to drive for business purposes in either their own vehicle or a vehicle provided by the Museum. Employees that drive for business purposes must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check and provide proof of insurance and a valid license to drive on an annual basis.
Employee must be able to meet physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.