Job Purpose: Assist the Manager and Technicians with behavior assessment record keeping, materials preparation and basic assessment tasks, intake counseling and adoptions counseling.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record Behavior Assessment results.
- Create biographies for website.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries regarding Sniff University in a timely manner.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate shelter software.
- Assist Intake team with behavior cases.
- Communicate case priorities with Behavior Manager.
- Assist with enrichment program initiatives and volunteer training.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampabay at all times.
- Assist and oversee volunteers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- One year work experience in a veterinary practice or animal shelter required.
- Six months teaching, assisting, or working with dogs in formal setting preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
- Ability to objectively observe animal behavior.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
- Ability to recognize changes in condition or behavior as indicators of possible problems.
- Ability to show compassion for animals and their owners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with medical and animal care staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of humane methods of care, handling, and restraint of animals.
- Genuine concern for all animals and their welfare.
- Knowledge of animal communications.
- Manual dexterity for handling animals, medical instruments and equipment and for completing intricate tasks.
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and DEA standards and requirements.
- Working knowledge of MicroSoft Office and PetPoint shelter software.
- Working knowledge of standards and practices applicable to animal medical records.
- Manual dexterity for handling animals, equipment, and intricate tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of SPCA pets of all sizes.
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Moderate physical effort – regularly lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. Occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional exposure to animal feces and potential for scratches and bites.
- Occasional exposure to high noise levels, such as in dog kennels.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass required background checks.