Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
In accordance with RNP's Mission Statement, Philosophy of Client Care and Code of Ethics as stated in the Personnel Policies and under the supervision of the Program Director, the Peer Outreach Specialist serves as an advocate and outreach specialist to support the clients of the Population of Focus (POF). The program’s goal is to provide services to more individuals from Fairfield County with SUD and COD so they may receive housing, addiction, and mental health services in order to decrease homelessness and illicit drug use including individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, sexual and gender minorities communities.
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (some flexibility required)
- Responsible for conducting outreach activities and supportive services through community engagement.
- Utilizes RNP vehicle for outreach events, community engagement and client transportation for access to services.
- Facilitates timely referrals and placements to treatment and support providers.
- Conducts coaching sessions with individuals referred to RNP programs for community networking.
- Maintains communication with all RNP programs for admissions and referrals.
- Acts as a role model for the organization with individuals in the community and when serving clients.
- Prepares an agenda for supervision and utilizes supervision as needed to meet professional demands of job.
- Maintains professional communication with community providers and builds a network of recovery supports.
- Maintains files and records of work activities to provide access to and retrieval of data while meeting all document requirements of position and program.
- Engages with individuals and families into care and offer prevention, engagement, and recovery support services
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.