JOB CLASSIFICATION: Direct Care Staff
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY FOR THE POSITION:
At least 18 years of age
Good physical health, including negative T.B. test
Valid Michigan Driver’s License
If you are a person with a covered disability as defined by law, then we will make every effort to accommodate your disability. Please notify the executive director immediately.
Title of immediate supervisor(s):
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assisting people with disabilities in daily self-care. This may include lifting of people; you will be in-serviced on proper techniques.
- Preparing and assisting with meals.
- Implementation of individual’s supported programs and leisure activities.
- Documenting on proper forms, all activities pertaining to the welfare of the people supported or the home.
- Sanitation of the home.
- Distribute medication to people supported as per procedure.
- To attend mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Transporting of people in the company vehicle to day program, Dr. Appointments, and leisure outings.
This job description is not inclusive of all duties that the employee will be required to perform.