Responsible for all clinical activities related to the daily operation of the tissue bank including, but not limited to, overall supervision of staff, the execution of all employee trainings and re-certifications, the maintenance and quality control of the tissue bank Standard Operating Procedures Manual, as well as assuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and American Association of Tissue Banking standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the tissue bank and direct supervision of Tissue Recovery Technicians
- Serve as a mentor and leader to employees to continuously promote professional growth, ethical conduct, integrity, teamwork, and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure compliance with American Association of Tissue Banking, New York State Department of Health, FDA and ConnectLife standards for Tissue Bank Services.
- Monitor regulatory and accrediting websites and medical advisory alerts in order to update ConnectLife standard operating procedures as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring and coordinating performance improvement activities, including corrective actions, as they relate to all tissue bank activities with a constant goal of identifying opportunities to strengthen the existing program.
- Oversee and assist with all tasks related to tissue banking including recovery, labeling, packaging, and shipping. Assist all tissue bank staff as necessary. Be on-call and act as Team Lead on recoveries as scheduled and required.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, execution, and monitoring of department orientation and annual training for tissue bank staff.
- Constantly work in partnership with the Eye and Tissue Department management team in order to ensure the proper daily function of the Eye and Tissue Department.
- Ensure the maintenance and quality control of the electronic medical record system and all donor and department records and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Provide performance evaluations for tissue bank staff, and assist in the interview process for tissue bank employees.