Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Manage and coordinate the assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statues; maintain and operate the school clinic.
Reports To: Director of Student Services
- Assess, plan, and implement coordinated school health services;
- Establish and maintain comprehensive school health records;
- Assess the health and developmental status of all students;
- Identify students with special health concerns and develop appropriate health care plans with students and families;
- Establish system to provide care for illness and injury;
- Establish system to provide for safe medication administration;
- Monitor communicable disease prevention and control program establish and maintain immunization records, comply with state laws, rules and regulations regarding immunization requirements, exclusion of students with communicable diseases and reporting of designated diseases, and participate on advisory committee for students and staff with chronic infectious diseases;
- Determine priorities for screening programs, conduct screenings, make referrals and provide follow-up;
- Establish dental health programs, as needed education, fluoride application programs, and screenings;
- Assure in-service education for school staff regarding their role as mandated reporters in suspected child abuse and neglect; and
- Provide in-service education for school personnel on surveillance of health problems, communicable disease control, infection control, abuse and neglect reporting, etc.
- Promote special health promotion observances, e.g., Dental Health Month;
- Participate on health curriculum committees to provide input regarding current health risks, types of health concerns of students, etc.
- Support and reinforce health instruction goals and objectives; and
- Act as a resource to classroom teachers as a presenter on health-related subject matter.
- Monitor school environment to identify hazards, and work to correct problems
- Establish/monitor injury-reporting system and ensure action is taken on preventable situations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to use clinic/medical equipment.
- Possess basic pharmacological knowledge.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly.
- Comfortable knowledge of universal procedures and ability to teach this to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team.
- Ability/willingness to participate in ongoing professional and staff development, both independently and through system-offered opportunities.
Experience and Education:
- Valid CPR and AED Certification.
- Registered nurse (RN) Certification required.
- Current and valid Missouri Certified Nursing License is required.
- In good standing with Board of Nursing.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in community health, pediatrics, emergency care and triage, psychiatry and/or physicians office preferred.
- Bilingual ability; English required and Spanish preferred.
- Drivers license required for student transport.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout school facilities.
- Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, and bending.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Please complete an application which may be found at www.GuadalupeCenters.org under Employment Opportunities. If a position requires a degree, please attach copy of transcripts and/or degree certification to your application. Other attachments such as cover letter or resume an also be uploaded and attached to the application.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.