Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Reports To: Building Principal
The music teacher will develop in each pupil an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture; to teach techniques of vocal and/or instrumental music expression; to discover and develop talents of pupils in the field of music; to develop knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music.
- Create a safe and positive classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in music appreciation, harmony, and explorations in music and in instrumental music to pupils. Utilizes course of study adopted by the Board of Education
- Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits and other related duties for the purpose of ensuring an effective work environment. Attend all meetings with parents and give input concerning the creation of an Individual Education Plan or a 504 Plan
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement of professional practice, cultural competence, and ability to meet the specific instructional needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Manage student behavior with the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Respond to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor for the purpose of serving students and staff needs.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Committed to working with under-served students.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education.
- Missouri State Certification in Elementary Education.
- Bilingual ability; English required and Spanish preferred.
- Experience in urban school setting is preferred.
- Highly Qualified Status (this status requires the following)
- Bachelors Degree.
- Appropriate certification for the course/grade level being taught.
- Documentation of content expertise in the area being taught.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout school and classroom.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the school and other facilities as needed.
Please complete an application which may be found at www.GuadalupeCenters.org under Employment Opportunities. If a position requires a degree, please attach copy of transcripts and/or degree certification to your application. Other attachments such as cover letter or resume an also be uploaded and attached to the application.
GUADALUPE CENTERS, INC. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family &Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.