POSITION PURPOSE: Provide guests and employees with clean and sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware and equipment. Maintains an orderly working area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures dishes are clean, sanitized and available as needed.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dishwashing machine.
- Washes plate ware, glassware, silverware, pot/pans and kitchen utensils according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Keeps kitchen clean by sweeping floors and emptying trash.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout shift.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
Job responsibilities are not limited to the responsibilities outlined here. All Duties that assist the restaurant to function successfully are part of the job.