To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance; advanced degrees will take preference
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Public audit or industry accounting experience highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General ledger accounting and internal controls background
- Proficient in monthly closing procedures and requirements
- Prior experience working with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of financial systems and purchase order processes
- Proficiency in Excel (v-lookup, pivots, etc.), Word, and PowerPoint are required
- Organizational, analytical, prioritization and problem-solving skills in an environment of high volume of projects; detail-oriented
- Ability to work effectively, and establish and promote positive relationships
- Ability to work alone, while capable of driving business results without significant supervision
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.