Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is looking for a strong Patient Services Representative/Medical Assistant for our offices in Charlotte, NC!
We are an industry transforming medical and cosmetic dermatology practice seeking top medical assistant candidates. Our practice brings together dermatologists, aestheticians and a medical spa all within one practice. We offer full-service medical and cosmetic dermatology services while relentlessly focusing on improving the quality of care and quality of patient outcomes to earn the lifetime trust of each of our patients and assisting them to optimize the appearance and health of their skin.
- Maintains reception area and waiting room
- Provide necessary forms to new clients’ updates information on existing patients, reviews for accuracy.
- Notifies the staff when the client is ready
- Monitors waiting room and updates clients on wait times on a consistent basis; Monitor client flow and adjust scheduling assignments as needed
- Collects co-pays at check-in and process according to according to an outlined procedure
- Contact “no-show” clients within the same day and make an effort to reschedule.
- Contact new client referrals within 24 hours to schedule first appointment.
- Ensures client has all information and questions answered about treatments received, to include future appointments
- Updates ticket in Mindbody for cosmetic services rendered; collects and posts accordingly
- Utilize “soft selling” skills where appropriate to increase existing client business and build a strong referral program
- Manage processing and distributing the mail and packages. Deliver packages marked "refrigerate" immediately to clinical personnel
- Maintains filing, charting, faxing and all other clerical functions as required
- Answers telephones in a polite manner, makes appointments and takes messages
- Prepares and processes correspondences
- Rolls phones according to schedule
- Identifies supplies as needed
- Knowledge of HIPAA as well as other State and Federal regulations pertaining to confidentiality
- Ability and flexibility to cover various offices when needed
- Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by manager, and wears identification badge, 100% of the time
- Other special projects or tasks as assigned
- Prepare the examination room for the patient as well as taking patient vital signs and recording vitals in medical chart
- Order and stock medical supplies if required
- Monitor prescription activity, lab specimens and pathology results
- Administer injections and medications, dress wounds and incisions, provide accurate and consistent information to the patient using an established protocol, interpret provider instructions to patients, assist with emergency and minor procedures, and perform related tasks as directed
- Obtain prior authorization for both prescriptions and procedures in a timely manner
- Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications
- Educate patients and instruct on any medications, treatment plans, etc., under the supervision of the physician
- Perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and follow detailed protocols, including: performing and documenting specified procedures and results
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Oversight of all lab functions and compliance
- Any other duties as required by management
This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all providers in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the MA to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program
- CPR or BLS Certification required within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office setting; dermatology, cosmetic, or plastic surgery (inclusive of Moh’s) experience highly desired
- EHR/EMR experience
- Efficient multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Hourly rate in accordance with experience/capabilities
- Full-time employees are offered a full benefits package to include medical, dental and vision coverage, and paid time off and paid holidays
- Discounts on treatments and products
Sona Dermatology & Medspa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.