At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
The Beverage Manager is a full-time, salary, seasonal position that oversees beverage operations in the entire venue. Reporting directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and the General Manager of the venue, this position will supervise multiple aspects of supplying, running, and operating beverage stands as well as scheduling staff.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Train staff in their respective duties and responsible alcohol service
- Conduct preshow meetings with bar staff
- Monitor best practices for pours, recipes, and beverage standards
- Verify all hygiene and cleanliness standards are met
- Ensure guest engagement is maintained at an optimal level
- Confirm that all bar equipment is operational and functional
- Oversee opening and closing procedures including securing, breakdown, and cleaning of each stand location, as well as stand sheet reconciliation and variance investigation
- Manage liquor, beer, and wine supply inventory
- Assist with purchasing and receiving while ensuring best practices are met
- Arrange inventory for special events and make supplies readily available to the team
- Practice proper radio etiquette
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures