Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Psychology, or related field required.
- 5+ years of program supervision or management with the ability to assist supervisors and direct service providers with their skills development.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in organizations servicing youth ages 12-18, specifically in foster care placement arena.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience including supervision of multiple teams.
- Have an understanding of systemic issues which impact youth in foster care such as issues with social services, law enforcement, criminal and civil legal systems.
- Experience in the development of new programs and enhancement of existing ones.
- Makes sound and timely decisions under pressure. Recognizes what is most suitable in particular situations. Effectively makes decisions in non-standard situations. Exhibits independence, decisiveness and responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and comfortable speaking in public or to large groups.
- Must be comfortable speaking and presenting in public.
- Reliable transportation, valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug test, FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, and TB test.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in order to be available as needed by the Program.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook and develop presentations using Power Point or other applications.
- Flexibility with a value for teamwork and ability to be a positive role model.
- Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
- Understanding of and passion for Orangewood Foundations mission, vision and values.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: Position may require use of personal vehicle. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to approximately 50 lbs. (i.e. tables, chairs, food, water, etc.)
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the youth and the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex. gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.