Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center Preschool
Job Description & Qualifications: Kif Kef Toddler Teacher
Non-exempt reports to the Kif Kef Director
Join our team of dedicated, nurturing, inspired early education professionals! This is a part-time support position in a classroom with children ages 18 months through 2 years old. The ability to supervise children as a group, interact cooperatively with other teachers, and engage professionally with parents is essential. The hours available are Monday through Friday from 2pm-6pm.
Duties including, but not limited to:
- Supervise and insure safety of children at all times.
- Be alert to the needs of children as individuals and as a group.
- Plan and implement an enriching curriculum that helps move children as individuals and a group toward meeting our stated developmental goals. Work with co-teacher/ associate teacher or teacher’s aide, if applicable.
- Plan and implement activities and projects that support children’s learning in the area of Jewish culture, holidays and values.
- Work with teaching team to set-up and maintain classroom. Keep classroom shelves, counters, storage areas and bathrooms orderly and free of clutter.
- Prepare snack for children and sit with them while they eat.
- Attend Back to School Night and Open House.
- Be familiar with and follow all Preschool and APJCC Policies detailed in the APJCC Employee Handbook, the APJCC Preschool Staff Handbook and the APJCC Parent Handbook.
- Maintain punctual and consistent attendance.
- Keep preschool administration informed of any special needs or concerns about individual children.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-service training, set up/clean up days and team planning meetings.
- Write informative parent newsletters monthly.
- Fill out all required paper work in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to accident reports, incident reports, curriculum plans and team meeting reports.
- Communicate frequently with parents in a professional and respectful manner. Areas of concern about children should be discussed with co-teacher, associate teacher and/or assistant teacher, but communicated to the parent by a teacher, or associate teacher not a teacher’s assistant.
- Communicate with colleagues and administration in a professional and respectful manner.
- Always keep developmentally appropriate practice in mind when planning for and communicating with children and families.
- Represent the preschool and the APJCC in a positive manner both on campus and off.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30lbs and
- Physical ability to sit on the floor or low chair and to squat down to be at eye level with children for up to 15 minutes at a time and
- Ability to stand and walk for up to one hour at a time and
- Level of physical fitness that allows for keeping pace with the activity level of young children.