Competitive compensation starting from $44,000 per year.
Do you have a passion to work one-on-one with students and help them soar? As a teacher at Learn4Life High School - Charleston, you can encourage, challenge and help students grow in confidence and academics, and graduate high school – no matter their obstacle.
The Learn4Life High School Advantage
Our personalized learning model is what makes Learn4Life High School unique. Our students are at the center of our mission, which means that staff is unified and priorities are set to reach the best outcome for all students. Teachers can make a real difference in a student’s life as they work one-on-one or through small group instruction to help them accomplish their individual goals. Some the other advantages we offer are:
- Our teachers have a smaller caseload of students – typically 40 students instead of 180.
- We offer teachers more support with two to three times the number of school counselors, free tutors for their students and labs that supplement their teaching.
- With the support of Lifelong Learning, an educational services organization, teachers receive all the tools/resources needed to do their job without any personal financial investment.
- We provide ongoing professional learning, continuing education (subsidized) and career advancement opportunities for teachers throughout the school year.
- Our teachers have a close relationship with and are supported by their area supervisor/leadership. We empower them to succeed.
- We offer holiday, vacation and seasonal breaks.
The Special Education Teacher will teach in a personalized instructional environment, work with students and/or parents to determine and evaluate the students academic plan, manage and provide services according to the students Individual Education Plan (IEP). The Special Education Teacher is also responsible for the compliance documents required in serving students with special needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: This list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Plan, organize and implement daily lessons in accordance with the approved curriculum
- Conduct pre and post-testing using standardized tests for each student
- As a part of a team, write and implement goals as outlined in each student's IEP
- Responsible to manage a students behavior
- Demonstrate competency in all subject areas
- Participate in the identification of students with possible disabilities post intervention phase
- Provide direct student instruction and promote a positive learning environment
- Provide academic assessments
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Schedule and chair IEP meetings including 30 day review IEP meetings for all students
- Meet special education timeline requirements as specified by State Education Code
- Collaborate with general education teachers to ensure success of student
- Work with Special Education Program Specialists and school support staff to support student instruction
- Participate in authorized trainings, school events, and meetings
- Maintain documentation of communications with students, families, and other services providers
- Maintain documentation of daily activities
- Complete reports and forms as required
- Administrative duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time